PROCEDURE FOR ENTERING GALAS
- Information will be posted to website members area, detailing which swimmers have been selected for which galas (coaches will decide what event(s) swimmer will compete in).
- Swimmers log in to the website members area and will be presented with the list of galas they have been selected for.
- While logged in to the website member’s area, swimmers should accept or decline the meets for which they are available and not available to swim.
- Entries Secretary will send away entries.
- The accepted swimmers name and swims will then be posted on the website with time of warm-up etc. once the information has been returned from the meet organisers.
- Turn up at the gala 15 minutes prior to warm up time.
Please remember if you tick to be entered and then do not swim you are liable to pay the cost of each swim that you were entered for.
Please check the website members area regularly.
KIT FOR GALAS
The following is a list of items each swimmer should ideally have with them when attending a swimming gala.
- Costume/trunks, plus spares to change into
- Goggles, 2 pairs
- Swim cap, if worn, EK or SL depending on event
- T-shirt, EK or SL depending on event
- Snacks for in between swims (not chocolate)
- Juice bottle (no fizzy drinks allowed, even at lunchtime if further swims are to follow)
This list is only a guide, and is not exhaustive. Give due consideration to other factors such as warm up time, travel time, number of sessions to swim etc.
South Lanarkshire Swimming Development